The Mall Galleries is a premier UK arts venue. It's run by, and home to, the Federation of British Artists (FBA) which comprises over 500 artist members.
Mind Unit developed and launched the new Mall Galleries website in the summer of 2009.
- Full site redesign that reflected the contemporary feel of the newly refurbished gallery space
- Increase site visitor numbers, pages accessed, time spent on the site and events booked
- Introduction of a password protected site for FBA members, allowing artist to edit their own profiles and images
- A user-friendly content management tool enabling Mall Galleries staff to edit all content
- Online bookshop of items available in the gallery's bookshop
The philosophy behind the Mall Galleries redesign was that the website should feel like an extension of the gallery. Artworks feature prominently, enticing visitors to explore the website in the same way that the real artworks entice visitors to explore the gallery itself. From an exhibition image, visitors are one click away from an artist profile, which includes a biography and images uploaded by the artist. Visitors are also able to submit requests to purchase
exhibition artworks on the website, as well as order publications from the bookshop.
Since the launch of the new website, activity on the site has increased steadily, in fact the number of monthly visits(compared with 2008) has increased by 21%.
"Looking back to our previous website, we've significantly increased our visitor numbers [new and returning] along with the time spent on the site and the number of pages accessed. I think this really shows how fantastic the new site is.
We've all been so pleased with the design and from a personal point of view it's been a whole lot easier to actually manage."
Jack Harris, Marketing & Development Officer, Mall Galleries / Federation of British Artists
What we did:
- Content Management
- Mailing List Manager
- Online Shop
- Online Registration